Some say we may be leaning towards a healthier way of eating like our neighbours to the west but sometimes, let’s face it, we just want to sink our teeth into a great big juicy burger. We certainly don’t lack in restaurants and/or casse-croutes in the Laurentians so burgers (and of course the fries) are not hard to find. Here are 6 of our favourite burgers you just have to try in Tremblant:
1. Fairmont’s Mountain burger is definitely a must. Walk right into the Nansen Lounge after a day of skiing ( ski boots and all ) and enjoy this fat juicy burger. Beef, cheddar, onion, bacon and onion marmalade, tomatoes and home made pickles . You can even add extra shredded beef and onion rings. We also adore their fries so that’s a definite bonus!
2. La Diable, they are a local favourite not just because of their burgers but because of their selection of home-brewed beers. Our favourite here is the chicken burger but the Diable beef burger and the vegetarian burger are also good so you can’t really have a bad choice when you go there. Pair it with the ‘7e ciel’ beer and you are good to go! http://dev.tremblantrestaurants.ca/ladiablemicrobrasserie/
3. Casey’s choices of burgers are on our top 5 burgers for sure. Just look at the picture does that not look good or what! We are suckers for beef and bacon. And they have gluten free buns for those that ask!
4. La Gare is a quaint old train station transformed into a little restaurant/bar and Inn located in Labelle. The Gourmet burger is our favourite here. They have 4-5 choices of burgers and don’t get us wrong, they are all good but this one is different. Beef, caramelized onions, roasted peppers, lettuce and horseradish mayonnaise is just such a nice combo. http://dev.tremblantrestaurants.ca/lagare/
5. Back on the Mont-Tremblant resort we choose the Bullseye Restaurant which is usually known as a steakhouse and seafood restaurant but boy do they make a mean burger too. High grade beef burger with melted cheese and mushrooms. YUMMY! Even their BBQ burgers in the spring outside are the real deal too!
6. Our final pick is from Casse-Croûte Chez France over near Lac Superieur on the North side of Tremblant. You’ll have to wait until late spring as it only opens 6 months out of the year but well worth the detour for sure. This is a real Casse-croûte burger. They have been serving burger and poutines for the past 35 years and have a reputation for great authentic Casse-Croute food. http://dev.tremblantrestaurants.ca/cassecroutechezfrance/
Hope you enjoy them all!! We sure do!